Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our 7 Year Old

It's hard to believe that I have a 7 year old. Wow. Where has the time gone?! Sometimes I wish she was just a little bitty baby to hold in my arms. I can still hold her in my arms though. Thank goodness my baby isn't too big for hugs!

Yesterday we went to Leah's 7 year wellness appointment. Yep, she wears glasses now, but she still can't tie her shoes. I told her that we should make sure she can tie her shoes before her 8 year appointment. That seemed like a good time frame for her. Leah is about 59 pounds (she put on 8 pounds since her 6 year check up). She is 48 & 3/4 inches tall! She grew about 2 inches in the past year. Again, wow. I told Leah she's 4 feet tall & that she would only stick up just a little tiny bit if she were to go on the 4 feet side of the pool. That puts her at about the 80th percentile for weight & 60th percentile for height. It's pretty much where she's always been at her check ups. We opted out for the flu shot, so no shots yesterday!

Last night Leah helped me make dinner. She didn't want to help, but then she saw me getting out eggs & breadcrumbs for the chicken breading. I cut up the chicken & beat the egg. Leah helped by coating the chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs. She's good at that. It was an easy dinner of chicken fried in the wok, stuffing (which Leah says she doesn't like), & peas. Leah liked the peas. She was eating them one at a time. She didn't want to try the chicken, even though she did help prepare it. Chris commented on how the chicken was really good (pat on back), so Leah finally tried it. She tried the breading & said that it was really good. Then she said she didn't want the actual chicken, but she ended up trying it & said that it was actually really good, too. Yes, my eyes were rolling the entire time Leah was trying the chicken.

I think it's Chris's turn tonight to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment