Thursday, April 19, 2012

3 Little Baby Eggs in a Nest

I think it was a week or so ago when Chris noticed a bird nest right outside the back door.  We took a look & noticed that mama bird had indeed starting building a little home on top of the light next to the back door.  We thought maybe it was a cardinal, but then we noticed mama robin flying around the deck & trees.  After seeing the mama fly off, we snuck a peek in the nest.  Chris got up on the step ladder & saw that she had dug out a cozy hole for her babies in the nest.  That was earlier this week, but there weren't any eggs yet.

Tonight, Leah & I ventured a look in the nest after Charlie did his business.  I had to get the step ladder & look up with tippy toes... Ah ha!  We now have little baby birdie eggs!  I thought there were 2, but then I was able to take a picture with my phone & realized there were 3 eggs.  Leah & I talked about how we can't touch the eggs.

We're super excited!!  We hope the eggs are nice & cozy & warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment