Thursday, April 19, 2012

Salsa

It's homemade salsa time!  Leah & I bought the ingredients at the grocery store this past weekend.  It sounded delicious tonight, so we made some after our egg salad dinners.  Leah insisted on putting the tortilla chips in the salsa before I could take the picture.  It's as good as it looks!

Here's the basic recipe...

1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of diced tomatoes with chile peppers (we used mild this time)
Red onion (I probably cut a little over 1/2 of the onion)
Garlic (I used the refrigerated garlic in a little jar--probably about 5-6 teaspoons.)
Kosher salt (lots & lots--well, enough to taste just the right amount of saltiness)
Green onions (4 pieces out of the bunch)
Chile powder (just a dash)

Stir it all up & enjoy!  It's actually better when it's refrigerated for awhile.  I also added some dried cilantro, but next time I'll use the real stuff.  Let us know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment